Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

Terrific Help from Dirk

I've had some terrific help from Dirk Becker; check out his web site. I'll be back later to analyze his script and in the process hopefully learn some more about RegEx and particularly how to use it in the context of JavaScript.

But working with his script has opened my eyes to the realization that I'm going about dealing with the Greek symbols the wrong way. Rather than wait until after processing the html tags, I need to retro-fit them with html-like tags so that too can be converted into character styles just like all the others. The reason for this is to allow for the likely possibility that some of them will be superscripted or subscripted and possibly italicized too.

I'll write more on this later today, but I wanted to remind myself immediately.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?