Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Height of a Table (continued)

It is not clear to me how to measure in a script the height of the gap at the bottom of a page (which really means bottom of a frame) when a table is split from one frame to the next. I can't think of a direct way of measuring the vertical coordinate of the bottom of the bottom row. If anyone knows of a way, I'd be interested to hear about it.

In the mean time, this trick comes to mind:
  1. The gap must be less than the height of the first row on the next page.
  2. The parent text frame of text in a cell is available information.
  3. Thus, I can adjust the height of bottom row on one page until it flips to the next and use that information to work out how much space I need to distribute.
Boy! Is that ugly!

In fact, that's so ugly, I'm going to research this some more before continuing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?